As of September 1st, 2013:
The Odawa Native Friendship Centre has changed locations
Our new location is:
- 250 City Centre Ave
- Ground Floor
- Ottawa, Ontario
- K1R 6K7
- Phone: 613-722-3811
Urban Aboriginal Alternate High School has moved!
Home Childcare Providers Needed
Call Alison Tranter
Sweetgrass Home Childcare Agency
Click for poster: (doc) 620 KB
Make a difference!
Donate to Odawa today.
We are pleased to now offer an easier way to donate if you wish to help out the Friendship Centre.
Click here for more information
Sweetgrass Home Child Care Agency
The goal of the Odawa Sweetgrass Home Child Care Agency is to provide quality care for aboriginal children in aboriginal homes. This care is a shared responsibility between the parent(s), the caregiver and the Agency.
About Licensed Home Child Care
- Licensed home child care is regulated child care in the home of a supervised, self-employed caregiver who has been screened and contracted by the agency to provide daily child care.
- The Odawa Sweetgrass Home Child Care Agency is licensed annually by the Ontario Ministry of Community and Social Services following the regulations of the Day Nurseries Act of Ontario.
- To provide parents in the Aboriginal community of Ottawa with safe, quality child care in a supervised home setting.
Licensed Home Child Care Advantages
- A more flexible option that provides the hours of care and convenience of location to suit family needs.
- Special needs or other priorities for your child's care set up in consultation with the Agency's Homevisitor.
- A homevisitor will make monthly visits to the caregiver's home.
- A guarantee that the caregiver's home is both clean and safe, and that you will be kept informed of your child's daily activities.
- Child care available on a daily basis for parents working, attending school/training or even looking for work.
- Caregivers are CPR/First Aid Certified and attend child care related workshops.
- Subsidized spaces are available to Ottawa residents who qualify on assesment by the Social Services Department of Ottawa.
- Constant supervision in a caring and supportive home environment.
- Nutritious snacks and lunch
- Activities suitable to your child's age including outdoor activities, free play, arts & crafts and quiet times.
- Children may also attend the Ottawa Aboriginal Headstart or Inuit Headstart and be in our child care program.
- Help with child care options to make comfortable informed decisions that suit the family.
For more information contact Colleen Sauve, Manager:
Odawa Sweetgrass Home Childcare Agency
473 Cumberland Ave.
Phone: (613) 231-3113
Fax: (613) 231-7997